24 Experimental Comedy Training Camp
Program dates: September 10, 2012 - October 26, 2012
Application deadline: April 13, 2012
How to Apply
This page is for reference purpose only as the deadline has passed.
Please subscribe to our contact list to get the latest program updates.
Applications, supporting materials, and processing fee must be received by the Office of the Registrar in order to be considered for adjudication.
All applicants must submit:
- Application form and fee: A completed application form including processing fee (fee varies per program and is non-refundable).
- Financial assistance: To be eligible for financial assistance, an application for financial assistance must be completed. The application is available as an online form or a downloadable PDF to be mailed or faxed in.
- Detailed project proposal and timeline: This proposal, no longer than 500 words, should:
- Describe the conceptual framework for the proposed project in relation to the residency research theme
- Outline your execution plan for the proposed project including a week to week timeline
- Include description of medium(s), explanation of your specialized field of knowledge of these mediums, specific equipment requests, technical assistance requests, and any tools/equipment/software related to the project
- Bio/project summary: On a single page, provide a 100-word artist biography and a 100-word summary of the proposed project. These summaries will be used as a narrative for administrative and public use.
- Artist statement: In 250 words or less, describe the conceptual basis of your artistic practice and frame the proposed project within a larger body/history.
- Resource request forms: Outline all studio, equipment, software, facility, or staff support related to your project execution/completion in the Forms section in SlideRoom. Final resource allocation is at the discretion of the department.
- Visual support material: Upload 10 samples of your artistic work. Please include description of work, title, date created, mediums, and size in the Media section of SlideRoom.
- Image files: up to 5 MB each.
- Video files: up to 60MB each, no longer than 5 minutes in length. You may also link to media found on YouTube, Vimeo and SoundCloud.
- Audio files: up to 30MB each, no longer than 5 minutes in length.
Please note: curators and researchers should submit 3 samples of written work in PDF format (up to 10 MB each).
- Curriculum vitae: Maximum three pages.
- References: Provide names and contact information for two references. Letters are not required.
Please do not send original magazines, newspaper clippings, or books as they will not be copied for adjudication purposes. Applicants sending support materials from outside Canada must attach (on the outside of the package) a declaration of value for customs. Failure to do so may result in customs charges; any charges incurred will be charged to the applicant’s account. Support materials will be returned to applicants who do not attend The Banff Centre if they provide a self-addressed stamped envelope. Those attending may claim their support materials, during their residency, from the department.
Aside from the application form that can be submitted electronically, applicants must submit all application support materials to the Office of the Registrar:
Office of the Registrar
The Banff Centre
107 Tunnel Mountain Drive, Box 1020
T1L 1H5 Canada
Please provide two copies of all textual documents. Indicate clearly, on each item submitted, your name and which program the support materials are for.
Resource Request Forms
Please print and complete the form(s) specific to your project:
Adjudication and Notification
Participants are selected by impartial adjudicators on the basis of their submitted material. In addition to artistic merit, consideration will be given to the likelihood that the artist's work will benefit from the program.
Applicants will be notified of their status as soon as adjudication is complete. The notification date is approximately 8-10 weeks following the application deadline.
For questions on preparing your application, please contact the Office of the Registrar:
Phone: 403.762.6180 or 1.800.565.9989
All programs, faculty, dates, fees, and offers of financial assistance are subject to change. Program fee subject to applicable taxes. Non-refundable fees and deposits will be retained upon cancellation. Any other fees are refunded at the discretion of The Banff Centre.