NBCUniversal Training Program
Program dates: September 17, 2012 - March 29, 2013
Application deadline: August 7, 2012
About the NBCUniversal Training Program
This work study program, sponsored by NBCUniversal, provides the opportunity for a production team to advance their creative and technical skills in visual storytelling. Practical skills are matured through the development of digital film, television and transmedia projects. This program encompasses 3 positions – that of the Field Producer, the Videographer and the Editor. We are currently seeking a Field Producer to join this team. Team members work and learn through exposure to a wide range of projects under supervision and mentorship from Banff Centre staff, faculty, associated work studies and artists. Over the course of the program, participants will collaborate with project directors, editors, graphic artists, animators and sound design teams on a wide range of project genres including (but not limited to): marketing / promotional, documentary, drama, and artist installations. Participants will advance their ability to produce to schedule with fixed / budgeted resources.
**The Videographer and Editor programs have been filled for the fall/winter 2012-2013 semesters.
- Keen interest in business of video / filmmaking and an eagerness to broaden experience;
- Experience / interest in pre-visualizing a story, moving a concept through team brainstorming, writing treatments and developing scripts;
- Strong planning, scheduling and organizational abilities including budgeting;
- Excellent clerical skills, highly computer literate;
- Ability to translate concepts from script to camera by directing talent and crew through a wide range of project situations;
- Ability to guide a project through postproduction by collaborating with editors, motion graphic and sound designers;
- Effective multitasking;
- Willingness to manage several projects at various phases along the creation process;
- Excellent diplomacy skills; and
- Ability to manage a variety of personnel / resources and produce to schedule.
All programs, faculty, dates, fees, and offers of financial assistance are subject to change. Program fee subject to applicable taxes. Non-refundable fees and deposits will be retained upon cancellation. Any other fees are refunded at the discretion of The Banff Centre.