NBCUniversal Training Program
Program dates: September 17, 2012 - March 29, 2013
Application deadline: August 7, 2012
How to Apply
This page is for reference purpose only as the deadline has passed.
Please subscribe to our contact list to get the latest program updates.
Applications, supporting materials, and processing fee must be received by the Office of the Registrar in order to be considered for adjudication.
All applicants must submit:
- Application form and fee: A completed application form including processing fee (fee varies per program and is non-refundable).
- Resume: A resume or C.V.
- A statement of career objectives: Indicate your long-term goals as an artist, how you plan to achieve those goals, and how your experience at The Banff Centre will assist you.
- References: You will be asked to provide the names and email addresses of two recommenders through SlideRoom. They will be contacted and asked to login to SlideRoom to upload a PDF or text document endorsing your participation the program.
- Sample of work: Applicants must submit a sample of their work. Text files and links to personal portfolios can be submitted to email@example.com. If your work is in the form of audio, image, recording, video, or other multi-media file attachments; please refer to the Hard Copy Submissions section for information on sending your materials to The Banff Centre.
* Note: Resume to include artistic activities and employment history
Along with the basic application form that can be submitted electronically, all other text-based support materials can be sent as an email attachment to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Attachments should be sent in a recognized word processing format. Microsoft Word is preferred. Rich Text Format and PDF are other option, if you do not have Microsoft Word. Please indicate clearly which program the support materials are for. Pages should be numbered with your name clearly indicated on each page. Audio files, images, recordings, or other multi-media support materials cannot be sent by email.
If we do not receive your application support materials, the Office of the Registrar will contact you.
Hard Copy Submissions
Applicants submitting audio files, images, recordings, or other multi-media materials as part of the application requirements, or applicants wishing to provide text-based support materials in hard copy rather than electronically, should submit materials to:
Office of the Registrar
The Banff Centre
107 Tunnel Mountain Drive, Box 1020
T1L 1H5 Canada
Please indicate clearly, on each item submitted, your name and which program the support materials are for. Please indicate clearly, on each item submitted, your name and which program the support materials are for. Sound recording and hard copy materials required for your application must arrive in the Office of the Registrar by mail or courier prior to the program application deadline. Support materials sent collect to The Banff Centre may be refused so please ensure proper postage/courier fees are completed. Your application will be considered incomplete until all required materials are received. Applicants sending hard copy materials from outside Canada must attach, on the outside of the package, a declaration of value for customs. For customs purposes, non-commercial materials are valued only at the cost of the disc. For example, “Audition CD, value $5.” Failure to do so may result in customs charges; any charges incurred will be charged to the applicant’s account. Hard copy materials will not be returned to applicants. Those attending the program may claim their materials during their residency at the Office of the Registrar. Any recordings that are not claimed will be destroyed.
Adjudication and Notification
Participants are selected by impartial adjudicators on the basis of their submitted material. In addition to artistic merit, consideration will be given to the likelihood that the artist's work will benefit from the program.
Applicants will be notified of their status as soon as adjudication is complete.
For questions on preparing your application, please contact the Office of the Registrar:
Phone: 403.762.6180 or 1.800.565.9989
All programs, faculty, dates, fees, and offers of financial assistance are subject to change. Program fee subject to applicable taxes. Non-refundable fees and deposits will be retained upon cancellation. Any other fees are refunded at the discretion of The Banff Centre.