Information and Digital Asset Management Work Study
Program dates: September 3, 2012 - December 14, 2012
Application deadline: August 27, 2012
Program dates are flexible depending on accepted applicant’s availability.
How to Apply
This page is for reference purpose only as the deadline has passed.
Please subscribe to our contact list to get the latest program updates.
Applications, supporting materials, and processing fee must be received by the deadline in order to be considered for adjudication.
All applicants must submit:
- Application form and fee: A completed application form including processing fee (fee varies per program and is non-refundable).
- Resume of C.V.: May include both research and media activities and relevant employment history.
- A statement of career objectives: : Indicate your long-term goals, how you plan to achieve those goals, and how your experience at The Banff Centre will assist you.
- Letters of recommendation: Letters of Recommendation are to be sent by two recommenders directly to the Office of the Registrar using the Recommenders Form, and received by the appropriate application deadline. These letters are required of ALL APPLICANTS, regardless of previous attendance at The Banff Centre
- Sample of work: Applicants must submit a sample of their work. Text files and links to personal portfolios can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. If your work is in the form of other file attachments; please refer to the Hard Copy Submissions section for information on sending your materials to The Banff Centre.
Along with the basic application form that can be submitted electronically, all other text-based support materials can be sent as an email attachment to the following address: email@example.com
Attachments should be sent in a recognized word processing format. Microsoft Word is preferred. Rich Text Format and PDF are other options, if you do not have Microsoft Word. Please indicate clearly which program the support materials are for. Pages should be numbered with your name clearly indicated on each page. Audio files, images, recordings, or other multi-media support materials cannot be sent by email.
If we do not receive your application support materials, the Office of the Registrar will contact you.
Hard Copy Submissions
Applicants wishing to provide text-based support materials in hard copy rather than electronically, should submit materials to:
Office of the Registrar
The Banff Centre
107 Tunnel Mountain Drive, Box 1020
T1L 1H5 Canada
Please indicate clearly, on each item submitted, your name and which program the support materials are for. Hard copy materials required for your application must arrive in the Office of the Registrar by mail or courier prior to the program application deadline. Support materials sent collect to The Banff Centre may be refused so please ensure proper postage/courier fees are completed. Your application will be considered incomplete until all required materials are received.
Applicants sending hard copy materials from outside Canada must attach, on the outside of the package, a declaration of value for customs. For customs purposes, non-commercial materials are valued only at the cost of the disc. For example, “Audition CD, value $5.” Failure to do so may result in customs charges; any charges incurred will be charged to the applicant’s account. Hard copy materials will not be returned to applicants. Those attending the program may claim their materials during their residency at the Office of the Registrar. Any recordings that are not claimed will be destroyed.
Adjudication and Notification
Participants are selected by impartial adjudicators on the basis of their submitted material. In addition to merit, consideration will be given to the likelihood that the applicant's personal and career objectives will be supported by program activities. Applicants will be notified of their status as soon as adjudication is complete.
For questions on preparing your application, please contact the Office of the Registrar:
Phone: 403.762.6180 or 1.800.565.9989
All programs, faculty, dates, fees, and offers of financial assistance are subject to change. Program fee subject to applicable taxes. Non-refundable fees and deposits will be retained upon cancellation. Any other fees are refunded at the discretion of The Banff Centre.