Performance + Projection — A Rapid Prototyping Boot Camp
Program dates: October 18, 2012 - October 20, 2012
Application deadline: October 5, 2012
Arrival date: Wednesday, October 17, 2012
Departure date: Sunday, October 21, 2012
Note: Please also see The IDEA Summit 2012
IDEA: Interaction, Design, Experience, and Audience
The IDEA Summit will host a ‘Rapid Prototyping Boot Camp’ during which teams of emerging designers, technicians, digital media creators, and performing artists will be immersed in a unique hands-on learning environment in which they will incubate a short performance piece over the course of three days.
With the support of mentors from The Banff Centre’s interactive media team, participants will use an agile workflow to develop creative and technical plans, media content, digital projection overlays, and produce presentable ‘prototypes’ (or demos) for a performance piece which integrates digital media projections.
- Participant teams will attend a day-long prototyping/planning session on October 18. Over the course of the IDEA Bootcamp (October 18-20, 2012), teams will work together to form the blueprint for an integrative performance and present boot camp prototypes on the evening of October 20 to Summit attendees for discussion and feedback.
- Participants will have access to a wide variety of production resources and support through the mentorship of The Banff Centre’s “Interactive Team” consisting of experienced programmers, animators, videographers and media editors, and visual artists.
- Individual applicants will be paired together in teams of 2 at the organizers’ discretion with the aim of creating teams with balanced technical/creative skills.
Participants should be emerging artists, interactive content developers, technical or artistic directors, choreographers, or those with academic or professional experience in theatre production, performance, or projection design.
Key Attributes include:
- Passionate interest in digital media and /or innovative artistic performance
- Experience working in the digital media or performing arts sectors
- Computer literate with interest in exploring 3D modeling, projection mapping, and/or media production and editing technologies
- Strong oral communication skills
- Effective multitasking, strong time-management skill
Above photo: Courtesy The Banff Centre.
All programs, faculty, dates, fees, and offers of financial assistance are subject to change. Program fee subject to applicable taxes. Non-refundable fees and deposits will be retained upon cancellation. Any other fees are refunded at the discretion of The Banff Centre.