Editor Work Study
Program dates: November 1, 2012 - March 29, 2013
Application deadline: October 24, 2012
Please note: program start date is flexible
About the Editor Work Study
This position offers the opportunity to continue developing technical skill and creative craft in editing documentary, dramatic, and promotional videos for broadcast, installation, and large scale theatrical presentation. Work Study editors will also develop collaborative and communication skills through their work with producers and artists. Participants will work in the development of skills in image compositing and media compression, and will develop a strong working knowledge of AVID editing application, Photoshop, and After Effects. The training/experience encompasses both technical and aesthetic sensibilities.
- A combination of formal training and/or professional experience or aptitude in video editing with current editing tools
- Willingness to adapt to and excel in a professional, multi-system AVID shared storage environment/workflow
- Basic working knowledge of Photoshop, After FX and image compositing software
- Practical understanding of encoding, file creation and management
- Effective multitasking; strong time management skills
- Excellent diplomacy skills and willingness to work closely with project artists and clients
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
All programs, faculty, dates, fees, and offers of financial assistance are subject to change. Program fee subject to applicable taxes. Non-refundable fees and deposits will be retained upon cancellation. Any other fees are refunded at the discretion of The Banff Centre.