Editor Work Study
Program dates: November 1, 2012 - March 29, 2013
Application deadline: October 24, 2012
Please note: program start date is flexible
How to Apply
This page is for reference purpose only as the deadline has passed.
Please subscribe to our contact list to get the latest program updates.
Applications, supporting materials, and processing fee must be received by the deadline in order to be considered for adjudication.
All applicants must submit:
- Application form and fee: A completed application form including processing fee (fee varies per program and is non-refundable).
- Resume: A resume/curriculum vitae (include artistic activities and employment history)
- A statement of career objectives: Indicate your long-term goals as an artist, how you plan to achieve those goals, and how your experience at The Banff Centre will assist you.
- Sample of work: Applicants must submit a sample of their work. Text files and links to personal portfolios can be submitted to Registrar_FilmMedia@banffcentre.ca. If your work is in the form of audio, image, recording, video, or other multi-media file attachments; please refer to the Hard Copy Submissions section for information on sending your materials to The Banff Centre.
- Letters of recommendation: Letters of Recommendation are to be sent by two recommenders directly to the Office of the Registrar using the Recommenders Form, and received by the appropriate application deadline. These letters are required of ALL APPLICANTS, regardless of previous attendance at The Banff Centre
Along with the basic application form that can be submitted electronically, all other text-based support materials can be sent as an email attachment to the following address:
Attachments should be sent in a recognized word processing format. Microsoft Word is preferred. Rich Text Format and PDF are other option, if you do not have Microsoft Word. Please indicate clearly which program the support materials are for. Pages should be numbered with your name clearly indicated on each page. Audio files, images, recordings, or other multi-media support materials cannot be sent by email.
If we do not receive your application support materials, the Office of the Registrar will contact you.
Hard Copy Submissions
Applicants submitting audio files, images, recordings, or other multi-media materials as part of the application requirements, or applicants wishing to provide text-based support materials in hard copy rather than electronically, should submit materials to:
Office of the Registrar
The Banff Centre
107 Tunnel Mountain Drive, Box 1020
T1L 1H5 Canada
Please indicate clearly, on each item submitted, your name and which program the support materials are for.
Adjudication and Notification
Participants are selected by impartial adjudicators on the basis of their submitted material. In addition to artistic merit, consideration will be given to the likelihood that the artist's work will benefit from the program.
Applicants will be notified of their status as soon as adjudication is complete.
For questions on preparing your application, please contact the Office of the Registrar:
Phone: 403.762.6180 or 1.800.565.9989
All programs, faculty, dates, fees, and offers of financial assistance are subject to change. Program fee subject to applicable taxes. Non-refundable fees and deposits will be retained upon cancellation. Any other fees are refunded at the discretion of The Banff Centre.