Audio Asset Management Work Study
Program dates: November 15, 2012 - March 29, 2013
Application deadline: October 31, 2012
Please note: program start date is flexible/possibility of extension
About the Audio Asset Management Work Study
This Work Study program provides the opportunity to assist in the acquisition, transfer, assessment, and management of audio content for multiplatform media dissemination initiatives at The Banff Centre.
Duties include implementing systems to assist in the cataloguing and digital transfer / ingest of an extensive (18000+) collection of CD’s. In addition, you will work with other Banff Centre digital media assets including digital photographs, animations, videos, and Banff Centre audio productions; analyzing and assessing best practices for content migration and the conversion of various media materials into The Banff Centre’s library and archives system, in addition to an automated media playout system.
The participant will liaise with multiple Banff Centre departments and receive combined mentorship from our Director, Library & Archives; and our Senior Audio Broadcast Producer.
The Work Study participant will develop research, communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills through their work with Banff Centre staff, faculty, and artists. The participant will have the opportunity to engage in discussions about key trends in broadcasting, information management, and creative industries administration; attend various seminars, workshops, and cultural events; and expand their personal network through participating in community outreach initiatives and project committees specific to audio content creation and broadcast.
- Passionate interest in music and audio
- Strong interest in radio, podcasting and audio documentary
- Demonstrated research and database skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Highly computer literate with expertise in Microsoft Office
- Basic audio editing skills
- Ability to assess and advise on audio quality
- Effective multitasking, strong time
- Management skills, and attention to administrative detail
- Excellent diplomacy skills, with a high level of confidence
- Ability to manage resources and produce to schedule
Above photo: Courtesy The Banff Centre.
All programs, faculty, dates, fees, and offers of financial assistance are subject to change. Program fee subject to applicable taxes. Non-refundable fees and deposits will be retained upon cancellation. Any other fees are refunded at the discretion of The Banff Centre.